Thursday, December 4, 2008

Little ones swear

I had an appointment with the kids' teacher. When I reached the school, kids had just starting going outside the gate. I saw two little girls chatting animatedly. Oh so cute, I thought. They were about 6-years old and had tied their hair in cute little pig tails. When we were closer, I heard what one of the kids just said. She said, "I asked her to f#*k off". I couldn't believe my ears. I looked at my husband in disbelief. "Did you hear that?", I asked. "I cant believe this", I said, " I am sure the kids dont really know what that's supposed to mean!".

Well, my worst experience with kids came in London, where I had been for the book fair. There was a 12 year old boy in the train. He was chatting away on his mobile. He was talking rather loudly for attention. He said, "I am sitting in this f#*king train with some Indian black d#*&s. My jaws dropped. The Indian boys in my team looked at each other. The English gentleman sitting next to us pretended to be deaf. So did the others in the train, while the kid continued with his conversation.

Call it generation gap or lack of descipline, perhaps kids will never stop giving us such surprises.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, even i swear, when i was a kid and used profanity the first time, my mom gave me spanking, bt i dont think there is nething wrong in swearing, its just a way of emoting. isnt it, thats wht i believe, dont wanna coerce others to believe in my million dollar believes